Parents Don't Forget that we have SEP Conferences on February 6th and 7th from 3:30-6. Please plan to spend time meeting with your child's teacher to discuss progress that is being made!
We are still enrolling, but some classes are filling up so if you are interested please call our office. Office hours are from 8:30-3:30.
PCSD Snow Procedures
As we move into the winter season, we wanted to remind everyone of the snow procedures for when weather may affect the school day. As in previous years, there are multiple options for adjusting the school day due to weather: below bench bus pickup, 2 hour late start and school cancellation.
As a reminder, the following are the steps that will be followed each morning to determine any action that may need to be taken:
- Beginning the night before, district officials will monitor forecasted weather conditions and begin the process of notifying district personnel of their assignment for the following morning.
- Snow removal crews will be dispatched in the early morning hours to clear parking lots. Please be aware that while crews work overnight on school parking lots throughout the district, if the snow accumulation is non-stop, it is difficult to stay on top of. Our plow drivers work hard to make it to each of our 18 school sites to prepare the parking lots for school.
- Beginning in the early morning hours, district officials will begin discussing road conditions with Provo City. This is valuable information that the district receives from plow drivers across the city.
- A crew of drivers will circulate throughout the city between 4 and 5 a.m. to get a more thorough picture of driving conditions. While we will never be able to see all of the side streets and cul-de-sacs, we should be able to get a bigger view than just the streets traveled by district transportation vehicles.
- The decision will be made to be open or to delay school by 5:30 a.m. Then, by 5:45 a.m., this information will be posted on the district website and on district social media sites. Please be advised that if weather conditions change, a different decision may follow. Should cancellation, late start or below bench pickup be needed, parents will receive a phone call around 6 a.m. to notify them of the change in schedule. We strive to be proactive in our communication: if there seems to be the possibility that people are wondering whether or not school will be in session, we will issue a statement one way or another.
As always, when there is inclement weather, parents are encouraged to do what they feel is in the best interest of their children. Student absences and tardies due to inclement weather will be excused, but we ask that parents still communicate with the school that their child will be absent.
2017-2018 Year in Review
This year was filled with lots changes. Sunrise Preschool welcomed lots of new staff: Ondy Wagner-Teacher, Kendra Todd-Teacher, Alyssa Bainbridge-Teacher, and Heidi Ramussen-Teacher, Joy Smith-Speech and Language Pathologist, Ashylee Heyward- Speech and Language Tech, and Kaylie Lamb-Speech and Language Tech. We welcomed back Becky Vera, Zabe Favaron, Maile Ashby, and Stephanie Zieske as the returning teachers. We were lucky to have Abby Parry, Joy Smith, Sheila Nelson, and Laura Stoddard return as our Speech and Language Pathologists, along with Emily Cummings-Occupational Therapist, Angaleen Goodwin-Physical Therapist, Amy Halling- Psychologist, and Beth Boone-Vision Specialist, Lisa Harmon-Nurse, and Raquel Sanchez-Parent Advocate. With lots of new faces, we were able to work together as a team to create fun and engaging activities for your kids. We were very fortunate to have Debbie Manning, our magnificent secretary and our outstanding, Preschool Director, Jeremy Barker, return. Here is a sneak peak at the Christmas Party the staff had.
"Children learn as they play. Most importantly in Play children learn how to learn."
All You Need Is Love
February 17, 2015
We have the best children attending Preschool. They work hard and overcome every obstacle. Nothing can stop our students!
Our Visit To The Bean Museum
January 22, 2015
The Bean Museum is an exciting place to visit and there is so much to learn. If you pay attention you might even see lions catching their dinner. To see more pictures of our visit click here.
Music Is An Important Part Of Preschool
January 21, 2015
The students in Becky Vera's class love to participate in a lot of fun activities. Music time is one of their favorites. The students learn many important skills such as coordination and listening skills during music time. Most importantly they learn that music is a lot of fun. Thanks to all the teachers for their great work.